Friday, June 29, 2007

GARDEN SPIRIT

This is my version of Maureen Carlson's 'Green Man'. I just bought her book, "Fairies gnomes & trolls" while I was at the polymer clay retreat in Canberra (thanks to Linda & Lex for making it possible to get it sooner rather than later).
I've got a long way to go and a lot of practising to be done. I think it's The Green Man's prehistoric ancestor and some evolution needs to happen to improve his looks. Anyway I'm pleased with me first effort. Dad said he looks like a cross between a cartoon American Indian and Max Klinger (MASH).
The other bits in the picture are for holding flowers and herbs from the garden.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks very convincing to me! Good job! I want to try the sprites I think...Not sure which book they are in, I have most of her books as I love fantasy, folklore, mythical...etc. Lin.

Mel said...

Please God/dess, forgive all husbands and fathers for their hilarious remarks about our creative treasures! Still, a little light relief is a good thing and helps us grow eh. He's just gorgeous Janis and such a fabulous first effort. Isn't sculpting fun?!
Mel