Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's been over a year

It's been over a year since I last blogged and my return is due to my Dad once again.  He died 13 months ago and Mum and I miss him so much.  In an effort to declutter the house we have discovered so many hidden gems that Dad and Mum have refused to throw out over the years.  The treasures we have found include letters that Dad wrote to his parents during WWII from Australia, memorabilia from his school days which date back 82 years, newspaper clippings, old Western union telegrams and many more things.  My cousin Martha asked if I could post the letters on my blog and yes Martha I plan to do so.  I'm in the process of scanning them all into the computer at the moment.  This process could take awhile.  
While watching an old home movie that Dad had transferred to video many years ago and I have since had transferred to DVD, I managed to capture a still of Dad from the video.   I believe the home movie was taken in Ballarat Victoria Australia.  Dad was stationed in Australia and New Guinea during the 4 years of his foreign service.  I think he was about 23 or 24 here.  

No comments: